There are two options to add a bank account to Happy Mango: online banking credentials via Plaid (instant verification) or with the routing number and account number using micro-deposit verification (up to three business days).
By using your online banking credential via Plaid
By using your online banking credential via Plaid. Happy Mango has integrated with Plaid to connect your bank accounts online. This is the fastest and most secure way to link your bank account to Happy Mango.
- Click on the "Add Account" button on the Accounts page, your webpage will transition to the pop-up window.
- Search for the name of your Financial Institution or Bank.
- You will be asked to allow Plaid to link your bank account with Happy Mango.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter your online banking username and password to verify that you are an account holder. You may be asked to send a security code to your email or text to verify yourself, depending on the account settings you hold at your bank. After you have successfully connected your accounts, the connected accounts will appear on the "Connected Financial Accounts" tab on the "Accounts" page.
- Many financial institutions are supported by Plaid, but not all. If you see the following page, you will need to connect a bank account using the alternative method - Enter Routing and Account Numbers.
Using the routing number and account number
You can also add a bank account to Happy Mango by using the bank account routing and account number. Both CEO and Happy Mango cannot access, view, or store the information you enter on this window. You will need to verify this account with micro-deposits before this account can be used as a payment source for automatic ACH. Using this method to add your account will be slower due to the verification step.
- Immediately after the account is added, you will receive an email notification that "Micro Deposits Have Been Initiated." This email is triggered when two deposits between $0.01 and $0.99 are sent to your newly added bank account. The process of verifying a bank account with micro-deposits takes 1-3 business days. During this time, there is nothing you need to do.
- When those deposits have settled in your bank account, you will receive another email notification that the"Micro Deposits Have Cleared."
- Upon receiving this email notification, you should find the two deposit amounts in your online banking statement.
- Then, log into your Happy Mango account and select "Accounts" on the top right drop-down menu and select the "ACH Payment Sources" tab. Here, you will find the account to be verified, and click "Verify" to open up a pop-up window.
- The last step is to enter the micro-deposit amounts in the order they were received in the pop-up window. Once the account is verified, the "Verify" link will disappear. And your account is ready for automatic ACH payments.