If you would like to sell your car/truck while you still have a loan balance with us, we must approve this sale before we take any steps to release our interest in the vehicle. To be approved for this sale, please send us an email with the following information:
- Sale price
- Current mileage on the vehicle
- Contact information of the buyer
- Is the buyer a dealer or a private party?
We will review some details of the vehicle, and if we approve the sale next steps should be as follows:
- The loan should be paid in full.
- The buyer can pay us directly or
- They can pay you and then we can take payment directly from your bank account.
- After the payment is cleared, we will release our lien and send the title to you. Please make sure we have your current mailing address.
Lastly, it may take 1-2 weeks to receive the title after payment, depending on bank processing and mail delivery times. To avoid any hesitations regarding this process, we are happy to create a signed letter of guarantee to share with the buyer while they wait for the title.